Friday, August 28, 2009

Cooking for two

For the last few years, it's been a running joke that once Devin and I get married...he will...starve! They had reason to joke as I never really cooked while we dated haha. When I would cook it was some box meal or I would cook the veggies while he cooked the meat. I enjoyed us both being in the kitchen anyway. As I like to bake, I always joked that we could just live off cookie dough batter instead ;) You're a vegetarian if you don't eat meat so it there a name for people who only eat sweets?!

Bobby, my Father in Law, always came to my rescue by letting me know that his wife didn't always know how to cook ;) She's all gourmet on us now though!! When I lived with her she made me home cooked meals almost every night! Who needs to cook when you're spoiled like that!?! I'm officially an addict now. of fried squash. it's delicious!

So anyway, back to poor starving Devin... My retort was that I could just pick up a cook book and start at page one and work my way through! After we were married I did just that! I was so proud of my first official meal, that I took pictures haha...well you know me and pictures anyway right?! Several successes and pictures later, I thought it would be fun to post them on here, in case anyone else wanted to make the meals. We have really liked all but two of them! *those will not be posted as I didn't take pictures of them haha* Devin likes to tease that he always has to eat his dinners cold because I hold it hostage for pictures first. He is exaggerating...a little. ;)

Here's a picture of the calzones that he and I made with his Mother's help. They were huge!! and oh so YUMMY!!!!








X's and O's,
Brandi Sue

1 comments:

Lori said...

Great job! Looks delicious :).