Thursday, December 17, 2009

"Brandi's going to be the best mom ever!!

That's what I overheard a co-worker say when she found out that I was the one who made the cupcakes for our holiday work party. She has no idea how happy that made me! My own mother worked nights and never showed interest in baking and whatnot (although she always makes my favorite dinner dishes when I go visit!!) So, I've always liked to think I would enjoy being the class mom and all that jazz!! Of course, that's a few years down the road right now so my lovely co-workers are enjoying being my guinea pigs!! haha I enjoy baking for them because they are always so appreciative, which makes me excited to make them something else...it's nice to have a good cycle in such a viscous cycle kind of world!

These were simple and fun to make! I already had most of the ingredients in my pantry, just needed the m&m's for the nose! The recipe called for redhots (which I did have on hand) but my husband thought they would taste gross on a cupcake and when I made him do a taste test on a redhot to see if it was still good...he about broke a tooth because he thought they were supposed to be soft! haha He didn't want the same thing to happen to my co-workers so we went with the m&m's.

This is another recipe from the cookbook my mother-in-law bought me, I really like this book! I've been having a hard time with the cake on the front cover...I've tried making it twice now and it looks NOTHING like their picture!! I know that's pretty common, but I can usually get pretty close with these recipe's! I think the next time I try at it, I'm just going to put it in a 13x9 inch pan so it can't melt as easy!



If you think these are cute then you should head over to Bakerella's website...snow globe cupcakes?! Is that possible?? For Bakerella it is!! Check out these adorable and festive cake pops she did here. mmmm I love Christmas, don't you?!

Speaking of Christmas...if I don't get back on here before then....

Merry Christmas to you and your loved one's!! I hope those who are traveling make it to their destination safely and have a wonderful holiday season!!

X's and O's,

Brandi Sue


1 comments:

! Nick ! said...

That is great!!! Simply great! Hope Devin's tooth is alright. :)