Thursday, March 12, 2009

My dream wedding...

So I have been thinking about this whole dream wedding thing. At first, I felt like I had missed out on some big part of being a little girl since I didn't have this memory. Then I realized that it's a memory that tv and movies mainly created. After all, my best friend/Matron of Honor didn't have those memories either...so I'm not alone ;)


Then I thought...who says it's too late to think about your dream wedding? I mean, just because it's only about 3 months away, doesn't mean I can't still fantasize about it right? So, in a nutshell...here's how my dream wedding would go.....(Oh and I would add pics but I don't know if I would get in trouble for copyright or something so better be safe than sorry!)


I'll start off by saying that even dreaming up a fantasy wedding is hard because I still couldn't decide if I wanted a fancy or formal affair. I mean, I'm not high maintenance, but a wedding is a perfect excuse for some flair! But, after some thinking, I decided that I would stick to my country roots :)


The ceremony would be in a big, catholic type church. Those are always so gorgeous and would make for some awesome pictures! Who cares that you have to be catholic...this is a fantasy remember?! haha I picture beautiful stained class windows with lots of yummy sunshine streaming though. When I walked into the church the first thing I would do is follow Jenna's advice. I would breathe and take it all in. I would see the people who took time out to come to our wedding, to celebrate our commitment to each other, to wish us luck in our future, and to have a good time! Then, I don't really have much else to add to the ceremony. Short and sweet is fine with me...and hopefully not too many tears because I don't want mascara streaks haha.


The reception is the fun part. I would love to have it in a big rustic yet charming barn! I think a roasted a pig, some bbq, and all the fixings that go with that would be fun! Oh and some sweet tea! A live band would be a lot of fun too. They can play the classics and throw in a few new hits as well. I would hope that it would be a perfect chance for everyone to just relax and have a good time. Now days everyone just seems to want to rush out of the days events. I always hear this famous line, "I'll just send a gift to make up for our absence." Well, I'll tell you right now, that won't work for me haha. I understand some people have commitments that keep them from coming. Totally okay with that. But don't think we rather have a croc pot or toaster instead of your company!! :) Besides, we already have those items and are only regeristing for new ones because we have had them forever haha. K anyways, everyone would stay out late and dance the night away!


I don't really have any thoughts on the cake, dress, and whatnot haha So it's mainly a dream reception?! Works for me! Well, actually, I have thought about the bridemaids dresses and stuff. I have decided that I'm not like the bridezillas on tv who won't allow them to look cute on the chance they might "upstage" me. I want them to look way cute and be comfortable. I'm not all set on a certain dress, hairstyle, shoes yadda yadda. It would be fun to all have our hair and makeup done...and have pretty colorful shoes to go with our dresses!


Then to top it off, a breakfast/brunch thing the next day would be a great way to end the festivites. It would probably be small, just the family and some out of town guests. It would be a nice oppotunity to get to visit more with some guests. Then off to the honeymoon!!!


Okay, so that was a nutshell version. It's almost easier to name the things I don't want than the things I do want haha. Tomorrow we are going to the cabin and then to Frisco on Saturday for more wedding dress shopping. I think I already know which one I want but I need another opinion and just another look without all the overwhelmingness from the first time.


Hope you all have a great weekend!


XOXO,
Brandi

0 comments: