Monday, March 23, 2009

Stormy weather

I absolutley LOVE spring!! Okay...well since reading this blog...I guess I should say that I LIKE spring! haha I really really LIKE it! :) But with every good thing comes the downside....for spring it's the storms!! Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good storm! However, I don't enjoy the damage they bring to those around me! Last year my car received hail and paint damage. This year I narrowly escape by being parked in the garage, so it was safe! The rain had just stopped and I was about to run some dinner down to Devin's grandparents before the hail came. Luckily, I hadn't left yet! This picture is from my cell phone.


After the rain and hail let up, I went outside with my Canon to see if I could capture any cool clouds in the distance with my new stalker lens. But I didn't see any low hanging clouds in the distance, just this pretty one! I didn't think I had time to run inside and switch my lens so I just took it zoomed all the way out. The picture doesn't do it justice. It really was beautiful!


I photoshopped this next one some but I really like it! Even with the pole in the way! Devin's Dad was stuck in Lawton for like 2 hours waiting on the storms over there to pass! He made it home safely finally! He always teases me that I don't cook for him when Darinda is gone (and that he is afraid Devin will starve when we get married) so I came home from work with chicken and some yummy fixings including a cake mix! Then the storm happend! haha He didn't get home until 9ish but he still enjoyed it and is begining to think Devin will make it after all ;)


The upside to the storms tonight were that the farmers around here got the rain they have been praying for. I think they were still wanting it anyway. I was informed awhile back that there is a time when they don't want it...or maybe it was too much...I can't remember! I just wish it would have rained over in Davidson...my patient over there was really hoping it would! I called her and she said they didn't get a drop! But my patient in Snyder had a lot of rain and no power from the storm! So it was hit and miss I guess. It began to rain again after this picture so I had to go back inside, didn't want to ruin my camera!!


Wedding planning is finally begining to come along. I got the dress and all the fixin's (minus the garter and shoes), ordered some DIY invitations, found a hair stylist, and booked the engagement session! Yay!! I hope it keeps up!!! It's time for bed, happy Spring everyone!!

xoxo,
Brandi Sue

1 comments:

Lori said...

I like these weather pictures! Did you go by Snyder today??? It had a lot of damage right at the turn off heading south towards Manitou. Zachary wanted me to go "through" the storm last night. He didn't understand that it wasn't just a thunderstorm - plus I had 8 4-H members with me!
Like your new template :).