Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A little less talk and a lot more action!

Wow...I have been really unmotivated lately and it shows. I have had tons of stories and pics that I have wanted to blog about but every time I sit down at the computer, nothing comes out. How can one be thinking so much but not be able to convey it in words? Oh well. Then on with the wedding planning...which I plan to blog about soon...I haven't really done much of that either! I guess I always envisioned wedding planning to be fun, exciting, and stressful. But it really hasn't been any of the above. There's no fighting or arguing over clashing opinions (like I thought was typical for every wedding) because the only opinion I ever seem to hear is to save money and elope. I'll get into more of that later, I just basically was stating how I don't have much of that done yet...I don't even have my dress. haha There's a lot more I haven't done but this is starting to sound depressing so I'll move on!

I have just a few more pics left to share from my trip to Kansas! I know you thought it would never end huh?! haha

When Devin and I plan to make a trip to see family in Kansas we don't usually get to spend very many days. So instead of short visits with my mom and dad's side we usually opt for a longer visit with one or the other. From Olustee the trip to my Mom's is about 7 hrs, the trip to my Dad's is 6 hrs, and somehow from one house to the other it's about 2-3 hrs. That adds up to a lot of driving and a tired/cranky couple. I usually get a small guilt trip from the side that I'm not going to go see by them saying something like, "You'll be so close...." Makes things awkward because I know it's hard to not see each other but it's also hard trying to make everyone happy.

Well...the point of that above story is that...for Christmas Devin and I were just planning on going by my Mom's and Daddy Daves. But in the days before we left from OK, I just couldn't get over my guilt of not stopping by my Grandma and Dad's for a visit. So I promised Devin it would be just for the night and we would leave the next morning and he agreed. I just hoped my Dad would be happy with a short visit vs no visit haha. Of course, to him, that wasn't enough but I think he appreciated the gesture! I had planned to surprise them but then got to thinking Grandma might not have a bed cleared off...and my family know's that clearing one off takes more then an hour haha. So....here's a few pics from our unsurprise Christmas visit!

*Grandma and Boots*

*Although he's a little scruffy, this is the best I have seen my Dad look in awhile...it shows in his eyes. So I was happy we made the visit. *

*Guess we all like the color blue haha*

He had a wood carving ready for me so I have another to add to my growing collection! I plan to blog about those soon too! I am hoping that he can carve a wedding topper for my cake...that way it's more special and I have a reason to keep it!

Well I know there was more I planned to write about this visit but I can't remember it right now so I'm going to go ahead and post it so I can get the motivational ball rolling! haha Hope you all have had a great week so far!

xoxo,
Brandi

0 comments: