Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Chocolate Moist Cake

That's the name I gave a cake that I did not know the name to but wanted to post on here!! Since then I bought a cookbook and found a different name for it and then received a cookbook as gift and found a third name for it! I'm keeping my name this post even if it isn't as creative ;) Or I could always borrow JStar's title for her blog posted today. A warm, goopy mess is exactly what this cake is...well before I stick it in the fridge overnight and serve it the net day with a whip cream topping ;)

Dev's Aunt Tricia is the one responsible for giving me this recipe and I have made it almost 10 times now! When I was in clinicals for PTA school, I always made it for my clinical site on the last day that I was there. Now I have made it for my co-workers as well as Devin's and they all loved it! So now I'm sharing it with you guys!

Here's what you need:

- 1 Chocolate cake mix
*Plus the ingredients on the box to make this cake
- 1 tub of whip cream
- 1 jar of carmel...the kind you top ice cream with
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- a topping of your choice I used heath bar candy bits

Now here's what you do:

- Bake the cake according to the directions on the box
- As soon as the cake is done, remove from oven and make holes in the cake. I don't think there is a system to this it just depends on how many and how big you want!
- Pour the condensed milk over the cake, it will try to fall down the sides so I have a spatula handy to keep putting it back up on the top.
- Pour carmel...same as the above
- Let the cake sit and cool.
- After a few hours I place it in the fridge and top it before I serve it.
- Add whip cream and topping of choice.



*Here's what it looked like after I added the hole and poured the carmel and condensed milk.*



*The very yummy finished product!*


There is a strawberry and coconut version to this cake that I plan on making as well...so stay tuned to those recipes soon!

X's and O's
Brandi Sue

0 comments: