Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Logan {Happy Birthday}

It was a gorgeous Saturday afternoon and after getting my hair done, I couldn't be in higher spirits. I mean, what girl doesn't walk with a little more confidence after a trip to the salon? However, within the next hour that confidence was shattered into pieces on the floor.

I had an hour to spare before the birthday party of a good friend's little boy. He was turning the BIG one soon and his mom asked me to photograph the party. Guess she didn't know yet that where ever you invite me...you also invite my camera ;) She kindly offered to pay, but as I would have taken pictures anyway I didn't feel comfortable taking her money. It was a nice gesture though! I had planned to have plenty of time to get ready but somewhere in my conversation with my Hubby about how the day was going to go...there was a misunderstanding. When finally making it back to his grandparents house, where we had left my camera, we quickly realized we were locked out...and they had gone to Lawton! After a very antsy 10 minutes, were were in the door with the camera in hand and I was feeling pretty good. Well, actually I was a little nervous. It was one thing for me to take pictures at my leisure for my own enjoyment...but now there was a little more pressure. But nothing I couldn't handle, or that my new camera couldn't handle that is ;)

I get to the location and immediately get my camera out, I didn't want to miss a thing. I turn it on to prep for some practice shots to check for lighting and whatnot. As soon as I took that first picture...that's when my heart dropped. There on the screen were the words "No CF card" WHAT?! Instantly I could see my CF card still in my computer, where I had left it after uploading pictures from our recent trip to San Antonio. My "spare" one was in my back up camera, at home. In Norman. Two hours away. I whispered to Devin that I needed his keys so I could go to Wal-Mart and buy another one. "Another one?! You just bought that one!" he whispered loudly back. Yep, I had just bought that one actually. When I was at my little nephew's birthday party and saw the SAME words on my screen actually. Ironically, Whitney, who is Logan's mom, went with me to buy THAT CF card. And now I had forgotten to check to make sure that card was in my camera before I came to take pictures at her son's party. Ugh, could I BE anymore silly?! Who doesn't check their equipment?! I was so dissapointed in myself. Whitney and Waylon were super cool about it though. They told me to just use her camera...and then mentioned that it might have the same card. I highly doubted that her digital camera had the same card...as most people's take an SD card. When I checked it, my heart lifted a bit when I saw it took a big chunky battery like mine. When I flipped it over to the card side, I about screamed with delight when I saw it had the same card!! What were the chances? My hot flash instanly left and my game was back on, time to rock it!

*He was excited about the hat, can you tell?*



*The Wigington family*



*Logan is ONE!!*



*He wasn't sure if he was going to get into trouble for this or not*



*So Daddy helped him out a little ;) *



*Time for presents!*

He was so much fun to photograph! He wasn't shy about my camera at all and I would often find him just staring at me...probably thinking I had a funny looking face since my camera was always there! I can't wait to photograph him again, he's a perfect model! Thanks for asking me to take pictures Whitney AND for saving my tail!

From now on, I'll make a check list! I'm glad this happened at something like this rather than a wedding! One of my former patients told me that now this meant I was a "real photographer" haha He said he has had worse happen through his years of photography. He was a photographer for OU for several decades as well as a wedding and portrait photographer...so I'll take his word for it ;)

Time for bed! Hope you guys all have a great night!

X's and O's,
Brandi Sue

2 comments:

Jessica Brown said...

Great pictures!!! I can't wait to see them in Logan's scrapbook that Whitney is working on! They are sooo cute! You always do such a great job!

Mary Marantz said...

Oh what an awesome save!! Love when things like that work out!