Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vroom, Vroom

Wow, so I haven't posted on here in a VERY long time! I wish I had a good excuse but I don't! I do however have a great reason for posting today though! Every week the fabulous people at I Heart Faces have a contest and this week is the week I have decided to play along!

The theme this week is Vroom, Vroom. The photo has to have incorporate transportation in some way as well as faces. After following their page for several months now, I chose this week to enter because I thought of the picture I would use instantly!



My father-in-law bought this old truck about a year ago with intentions to fix it up and I couldn't resist taking some pictures! However, this is in a town where I don't really know anyone so I didn't have anyone I could call up last minute to come model for me. So I begged my hubby to humor me and tried my best to capture my vision myself :) There was a rotted spare tire in the truck bed so I carefully positioned my camera, set the timer, and ran! It took a few tries but I finally settled with this shot, I like the accidental sun flare! I have since been told that this looks like a scene out of the first Twilight movie, my husband was thrilled ;) haha

Click the link above and head over to see some of the other entries! There are some super cute ones! Until then,

X's and O's!

Brandi Sue




*Edit on 9-18-10*

This morning I read on the IHF's facebook page that the winners for this challenge had been posted! As I scrolled down the blog I saw that a local photographer I follow won 3rd place! I was pretty excited for her! Then I saw that my photo had been picked as a favorite by the 2 lovely ladies who co-founded the site, Amy and Angie!! I was (and still am) excited and I'm glad I entered! It was fun and I've seen so many cute photographs over the week and have recieved some really sweet comments on my photo as well! To read the blog with the winners and faves you can click here! Enjoy!!


12 comments:

Shan said...

Brandi, great perspective! I also happen to be a Twilight Mom and LOVE the series. Great to meet you through iheartfaces.com

Brandi Sue said...

Thank you so much! At the time I hadn't gotten into the Twilight saga so when someone told me that, I had no clue what they were talking about! I have since read all the books and seen the first two movies haha *The books are WAY better! :)

Amy said...

One of my favorites! Perfectly perfect. Well done. This one deserves to be framed and hanging in your home.

Teresa said...

Romantic!

Alison said...

Stunning ... love the truck framing the couple! Absolutely gorgeous! :)

Nobodys Nothings said...

i love the perspective! definitely a great picture.

Beth said...

I love this!! Very cool perspective and, as a Twilight fan too, I love that part of it :)

Christine said...

Love, love, love this!

Nikki said...

How clever! What a fantastic self portrait. It does look straight out of a movie (and I love Twilight too). Well done!

Judith said...

So Sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

Love this shot! I agree it does look like its out of the movie! Shoot just looking at it quickly made me really think it was Bella and Edward.

Great shot and awesome self portrait!

Em

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Brandi! I love your picture and love it even more because you are in it! What a great shot. Do you know that I don't even know how to set my camera timer... seriously. I wish I was cooler like you : ) Way to go being a winner. I am SO happy for you Brandi!