Sunday, September 19, 2010

Smirk it up!

"A smirk refers to a smile evoking insolence, scorn, or offensive smugness."

The theme for the I Heart Faces contest this week is "smirk." I had a few photos I could use for this one as my husband is constantly smirking at me when I put a camera in his face! haha I didn't think he would appreciate me posting any of those pictures as one is when a beluga whale is kissing him, one looks like he never was introduced to a razor, and one has funky eye squints going on haha.

Once I ruled those photos out I remembered this one! A little while after her wedding, my friend asked me to get a few photos of her with her wedding dress along with her handsome groom. This was a shot I got while I was balancing on some big rocks and testing out my settings, accidental shots can be the best sometimes!!

I really don't think that he is "evoking insolence, scorn, or offensive smugness" although I know he wasn't as excited about this shoot as she and I were ;) Head on over to the I Heart Faces blog to check out some of the great entries! Or if you are reading this before 9PM on Tuesday, you can still enter the contest yourself!!



Happy Monday!

X's and O's,
Brandi Sue



10 comments:

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Great shot! Love the hat. :)

Janis said...

Ahh, another wedding pic. I love the scene & the smile.

Karen Schneider said...

Love the smile too - yep, I know very well how the men are not as excited as the women to have their pictures taken. Love the neat coloring here as well.

Joncee May said...

I love it! The coloration and the hat are awesome...looks like a fun wedding to shoot! :)

Hanging Off The Wire said...

Great color! Nice shot.

sdgphoto said...

I love the mood of this picture by the coloring effect. Great hat! Love his face!

Alex and Emily said...

Great emotion from him. Very nice!!

Jennifer Foster said...

looks like a great smirk to me! :-) he has that man look- you know, the "do I really have to be doing this, I'm missing the game" face LOL

Mackenzie said...

You captured a beautiful moment with this gorgeous picture! I love the hat he's wearing, the water & the details of her outfit that you can see! Great job!

madison kate said...

Wow, beautiful capture!!