Thursday, October 21, 2010

When strangers become friends

Some people joke about having an "angel" on one shoulder and a "devil" on the other but not me. I have what I lovingly refer to as a "confident Brandi" and an "un-confident Brandi" on mine! The night before this session, the "un-confident Brandi" was praying for rain!! It wasn't a long shot, the weatherman had predicted it earlier that day. When I woke up in the morning and looked at the blue cloudless sky, the "confident Brandi" did a cartwheel :) and the "un-confident Brandi? Well, she smiled a little too ;)

The reason for all the nerves? Well because these lovely clients were my FIRST "stranger" clients!! My friend had read that one of her friends was looking for a photographer for her maternity pictures and she referred her to me. So far, all my clients have been friends and/or family members. People I feel comfortable "bossing" around, staring blankly at while I get an idea, or just being goofy around. It's okay because they HAVE to like me!! But these two strangers?? I'm new at this so what if they didn't like my work? My ideas? My clothes? (first impressions people!) or my funny country accent? haha Oh man, the pressure was on!

Well, after lots of e-mails and this session I can now tell you that I had NOTHING to worry about! They are both absolutely adorable! Ummm can I call him adorable when he's like 6 ft tall?? haha Anyway, they were up for anything and so relaxed that I couldn't have asked for better for my first "stranger" clients!! I'm so excited to share a few of my absolute faves with you! If you want to see more click here for the album on facebook!



*This idea came to me about 2 or 3 days for the shoot and I'm sooooo pleased with it!!*


*She bought these blocks here and they are so adorable! They match the season too!*


*Random door to use as a prop in the middle of the street?? Yes please!!*












Thank you two so much for asking me to capture these special memories! I really enjoyed it! It was nice to get out of my comfort zone :) After all our e-mails I feel like we are friends now! You two are so cute and very talented! (Check out Anna's fun blog here to see her unique New Year's challenge and her etsy page here to see her collection of upcycled serving pieces!)


X's and O's
Brandi sue

3 comments:

Mary Marantz said...

they are SO cute!!

L.J. Williams said...

I know exactly what you mean about not being confident at first. Glad it didn't rain, because great photos would have been missed. I hope that confident Brandi Sue gets out there and blesses more people with her work. :)

Anna said...

I absolutely ADORE these Brandi.:) You are seriously the best and I can't wait for you to capture Britt.:) THanks for being so great to work with - I can't wait to recommend you to everyone!