Friday, January 16, 2009

April and Chris

The last post was about my big brother and now it's my big sister's turn! April is my half sister and is the oldest of our Mom's kiddos. Then it's Tiffanie, Me, and once again...4 years later Markie Poo! Yep he's the youngest every time ;) Growing up we did get to see each other some but it was never on a regular basis and since we were kids, we couldn't do anything about it. My sisters and their dad lived in Kansas while we were way down in Texas. Even though I didn't get to see them often, in my eyes and heart, they were my sisters. I missed out on the big sister talks growing up though but I guess I missed out on the teasing too so maybe it wasn't all a loss ;) just kidding! I would have rather gone through the teasing than lived without them, I wanted big sisters really bad! (I noticed growing up that sometimes I would tend to look up to other girls and see them as big sisters. It's not that I was trying to replace them, it was something I did without realizing it. I actually didn't notice it until recently. There are a few of my friends who I look up to more than befriend...does that make sense? Like I won't be goofy in front of them because I don't want them to make fun of me or I feel weird drinking in front of them like I will get in trouble or something haha. But that's not what this post is about so back to my actual sisters....) So, as soon as I was able to take matters into my own hands, I have tried my best to stay in touch and be a part of their lives.

April is the tom boy and athletic one in our family...that's how I see her anyway! Even though she is the oldest...she's the shortest!! But don't let that fool you because I have seen her wrestle her dog to the ground, the girl has moves! I guess we could ask Chris's opinion but I don't know him well enough to embarrass him ;) She also has the coolest birthday...7-7-77! (I'll do the math for you...she's 29) She hasn't won the lottery yet but maybe someday soon! She and I have also both been dabbling more into a interest of ours...photography. She enjoys taking photos of scenery and I always look forward to seeing her pics. She uses the name Quad 7 Photography, from her birthday. Since I don't have a cool birthday like hers...I'm still nameless haha.

When Devin and I went to Kansas this Christmas, we stayed with Chis and April. She had to work so we didn't get to spend a lot of time together but the time we did have was nice! On our last evening there, we decided to go out to the park and get some pictures. Well...the park was more like a swap from all the rain and it was cold! The sun was also quickly setting...so we didn't have a lot of time. Next time I go up there my goal is to have an all family day so we can all get pictures!! Well...I guess we will get some in June at my wedding haha. Anyway, it's getting late and I'm rambling...so enjoy the pictures!!



*Yay for real smiles!*






*Love both of these!*


Thanks you too for letting us stay at your house! Hope you can come see us soon! We might even treat you to a trip to the OU campus ;) haha
xoxo,
Brandi

0 comments: