Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mom, Daddy Dave, and Markie

Yep, another post about my Kansas trip! There's only one more I promise ;) Anyway, before Devin and I headed out of town we stopped by Daddy Dave's to say bye to him and my Mom.

Mom and David, or Daddy Dave as I refer to him, were high school sweethearts and he is the father of my two older half sisters. They have remained close all these years and I'm glad because I like to visit up there. The first memory I have of Daddy Dave was when he picked us up at the airport. I was so anxious to get to his house and see my sisters and play that I kept bugging them both about the age old question...."Are we there yet?" He finally gave me some valuable advice..."If you go to sleep we will get there faster!" I don't actually remember if I did go to sleep that trip but I did remember that advice. He can tell you I put it to good use years later when he and Mom would come pick me up from Tipton and take me to Kansas for visits. haha Even though he and my mom are no longer considered a "couple" he is still there for her and I am very thankful of that. And I'm sure he is thankful for mom...after all...she makes him stick to his diabetic diet ;) They both give each other a hard time but they love each other and I am always glad to go see them. Even though I don't get to sleep much during the car ride up there anymore. It's hard to doze when you're driving haha but Devin takes over the wheel sometimes so it doesn't seem to take as long.


*Markie, Me, Mom, and Daddy Dave*


*Love my "little" brother...why did he have to grow up haha*




*For a long time these two were apart of my everyday life. I miss them bunches and love them dearly!*



Hope you all are staying safe on those icy roads!! I didn't have to go to work today but I'll be out there tomorrow. Hope it melts on the roads before then!
xoxo,
Brandi Sue

0 comments: