Monday, January 5, 2009

Meet and smell....uh...I mean greet

When Devin and I were planning our trip to Kansas we pondered what to do with our "kiddos". Sure, there was the option of leaving them at the vet. Which is what we used to do...until I decided that was a waste of money. They charge us full price for both ferrets despite the fact that I bring my own cage, food, and litter. The last time we boarded them, I decided to let them use their own supplies since I was obviously paying for it. When I returned the ferrets had been fed cat food and had cat litter in their box. Big NO NO. My attempts to get some kind of discount for long stays or some kind of percentage off after so many stays was denied. So...long story kinda short...that wasn't an option. Our other option is obviously friends/family. Since most people don't have any experience with ferrets and don't have ferret friendly homes, I hate to bug them about it. If something happened to them I know they would feel bad which in turn would make me feel bad and so I don't like that. Devin's Aunt Kellie has watched them a lot for us..er well actually Dakota is supposed to but you know how it goes with teenagers ;) Anyway, they are my favorite babysitters but I didn't want to bug them on a long trip and I don't want to over ask either ! So...it was settled...they would come with us! My family had been wanting to meet them anyway! Okay...so after that long run on sentence/paragraph (it'slate) here's some fun pictures documenting the occasion. Enjoy!

*This is April, my sister, and her kiddo Crackerjack. You can't tell from this picture but he is hissing and growling. He was NOT happy to meet his "cousins" haha*

*Okay, so you can definitely tell in this picture how unhappy he was to have visitors! Chris, my brother in law, is trying to tame the beast ;) *

*This is Fender, I'm not too sure he figured out what the furry little creatures were but he LOVED the company*


*They did this a lot. Hence the tittle of the blog*


Okay, so Crackerjack is normally a sweet kitty I promise! So here's some nice pictures of him to show his more "gentle" side haha.





*Here's how they treat each other ;) I wish I had been zoomed out more but it's still funny!*


*Here's how Oreo felt about them! Love this pose!*

*My Mom will have to be happy with furry grand kids for now!*

I still have like 5 posts left from my Kansas trip...but it's bedtime for now!

XOXO,
Brandi

1 comments:

! Nick ! said...

cute animal shots!