Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas #1


Man, I had a very busy weekend! Friday I stayed up all night trying like mad to get my Christmas cards out so people would get them in time. But, since I didn't have everyone's address (and still don't) I don't think I will make it in time. Oh well! I'm usually quicker at it but this year my plan was for Devin and I to incorporate our wedding date in the picture somehow so that it would double as a "save the date" card. But most of them went out today and some accidentally were sent without pictures and unsealed haha! The rest of the weekend was a blur of shopping, wrapping, and helping Dev's mom re-arrange her living room, den, and dining room! Fun huh? haha It was a pretty good weekend though if I do say so myself!



Every year for the last 6 years, since I have been dating Devin, Brandi Adams and I try to get all Devin and Daniels closest friends (who have also become ours) together for Christmas. I think we have only succeeded in getting the main ones together ONE time in all that time haha. Well now more of them are married and/or have moved out of town. Last year we ended up not even having it because we couldn't come up with a date. So this year I, the "official" picture taker and party planner of the group, wasn't even going to plan one. I knew that we would still get together with Daniel, Brandi, and Clay so that was going to be good enough for me. Well...low and behold...they asked about it this year! So Brandi and I picked a date really quick and with like 3 days to plan we had a little party planned complete with a Christmas dinner. Unfortunately, when the day actually came...it was just going to be the four of us. Not a big deal because that's what I had originally thought it would be but I was disappointed the others couldn't make it. It's sad when you grow up and eventually grow apart from your friends and/or you just can't find time to get together. You spend a big part of your life with these people but then life happens and you slip away. But I guess that's part of it! I don't get to see my friends much either but mainly because they live out of town and out of state. I try to keep in touch the most I can though because they mean a lot to me! Anyway, we didn't want all the food we had fixed to go to waste so we asked Devin's parents, who have been like second parents to most of Devin's friends, if they wanted to join us. It was a really nice evening and the food was yummy! I wish Thanksgiving and Christmas were spread apart more so that I didn't get all that good food and family just during one part of the year haha.


*growing too fast*


*way to hide Daniel! You're gonna pay for that later haha!*


*grr...can't ever get everyone! haha*


*the cake I made*

Well, I'm off to bed. It's going to be a busy week with lots of food and family time! I'm excited but hope the roads stay nice! Oh and I only have a 2 day work week this week! Whoo-hoo!
xoxo,
Brandi Sue

0 comments: