Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Moving Day!!

Friday evening was a busy one for Devin, Daniel, Bobby, and I. We spent the whole night sorting, packing, cleaning, loading...and...reloading (Bobby thought he had a better way to make everything fit...and he was right) For the last 7 months or so, my things have been sitting on one side of the garage and stuff kept getting added to it when Devin moved out of his apartment. Let's just say...his parents are happy we have our own home now ;) Devin's mom keeps talking about what she is going to do with the extra room...I told her that when she comes home for the first time and it's all quiet and empty...it will hit her and she will cry. She responded by saying I was probably right but then she would start thinking about all the space she has haha.


Earlllllllllly Saturday morning Daniel, Brandi, Clayton, Devin, and I headed off to Norman with a trailer and 2 vehicles packed FULL of our things. I was excited for them to see our house and even more excited to have my things in it! Alex, Devin's friend and former roomie, came over to help out as well. Brent and Brian, Devin's friends from work, stopped by later too and hung out for a bit. Anyway, here's some pictures from the day...enjoy!


*I had to have the classic moving in picture! You can't tell but it is SUPER windy. Not only was there trash blowing down the road...but trashcans themselves made their way several houses down!*


*I love Clay's expression in this one...he's just not too sure about this!*





*Clay kept saying, "Take a picture of me Aunt Brandi."


*When everything was unloaded the guys relaxed with some rockband. Later, Devin and I treated them all to Ted's as a thank you. We definitely appreciated their help!!*



*"Don't take anymore pictures Aunt Brandi!!" He was redecorating my tree haha*


*"Okay...you can take one if you want to" haha he's too cute!*


This last one is of Devin cooking our first "meal" in our new home. (one of those quick skillet things haha) He's also using our new pan too!! ;) We were really excited about it haha. The one he is using in the pic was one we bought with a gift card from Bed Bath and Beyond from his Aunt Myrna and Uncle Darrell. It's a non stick one and it worked great!!


We have a lot of work ahead of us but we are fortunate in the fact that we have most of the staple items...so we can take our time and buy things we really like and are of better quality. So now the hard part is saving up the cash for it with a wedding coming too!! Oh!! My mom just informed me that my family has been talking about how they think I'll be the one to bring in the first grandkids!! AND...she said they even picked out a time frame....3 years!! hahahahaha When I informed Devin's parents they said that they are fine with 5 years! Although...I just realized that in 3 years I will be 27!!! :( I no longer find this topic as funny...so...I'm off to bed! haha Goodnight!


xoxo,Brandi

1 comments:

Unknown said...

3 years!?! I've got a lot of stuff to do before then! Better get to it!