Monday, December 8, 2008

Welcome Home

Hey everyone! I got a little behind here! Well, here's an update: After many hours spent searching the internet, making phone calls, making offers, gathering information, and signing paperwork....Devin and I now own our first home!! We are really really excited! I can't even explain how I felt when we finished signing the paperwork! I REALLY wanted to bring in my camera (don't laugh Missena) but Devin said that would be silly so I didn't. I ONLY agreed because I thought these people might be stuffy business people...well I regret not taking it in! They were so nice and pleasant! It only took about 30 minutes and when we were finished it took all I had not to cry! It's so overwhelming. I had all these thoughts going through my head *Now I can officially change my address and it will STAY that way for more than two years, I don't have to move anymore, I finally have a place to call HOME, I get to decorate ANY way I want to, crap...how do I want to decorate it?, I can have people over and throw holiday parties, we have a home, we have a home, HOME!!!* Yep...all that went through my head in like 2 seconds haha. Our realtor was very sweet too she even gave us a gift! I didn't see that coming! It was sweet too because it was something she thought about, not just some random thing.


It was all a whirlwind after that. Over the course of the weekend we have: gone to Wal-Mart, scrubbed the walls, the baseboards, (can I just say I LOVE the generic magic eraser?!), the bathrooms, the tile, the cabinets, cleaned the windows, dusted, gone to Wal-Mart, vacuumed, shampooed the carpet, vacuumed again, gone to Wal-Mart, lined the cabinets, put some kitchen things away, gone to....nope not Wal-Mart....Home Depot, then....went to Wal-Mart haha Yeah we went there a lot! We did pretty good cleaning, we were lucky and found a house that was pretty much move in ready. Plus I was giddy the whole time and still in shock that I have a home!

*Devin's Grandparents drove up from Olustee to come see the house. His Grandfather has been waiting to come up ever since we got the offer (a month ago) haha He talked about it all the time haha His Grandmother keeps asking me how I plan to decorate and what colors I plan to use. They are too cute and I'm glad that came to see us! His parents also came up to Devin a bed and t.v to hold him over until we can move the rest of the stuff this weekend. He has an Aunt and Uncle who live in Norman too and they also came by...so we had a "houseful" of guests! I couldn't be a very good hostess though, we didn't have anything to offer to drink or eat haha.*

*Devin and Dweezle trying to figure out the gas fireplace*

*Giving Darinda (future Mother-in-law) her key...big moment haha*


We had a pretty good weekend I'd say! We still have lots to do and I can't wait! Right now Devin is without electricity :( He said that the whole block is out in our neighborhood. Guess the storm messed up something, I dunno. All he has is a little candle and whatever left of his laptop battery...poor thing! haha Anyway, that's my update for now, I have more to catch up on later! Hope you all had a great weekend!


1 comments:

! Nick ! said...

I will post here too... CONGRATS!!!