Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Merry Christmas #3

Time for the Latham Christmas! On Christmas Eve we all get together at Ed and Helen Latham's house for yummy finger foods and family time. Then the "kids" get to open their presents. This year, Darinda and I incorporated money with a gift and it was fun to think of an idea and then for them to open it.

*You can't tell but under all the money there's a soccer bulletin board*


*Darbi's box had an OSU purse (yuck haha) and some money tucked in it*


*Dalton got a beanie from Pac Sun*



*I don't know what she was laughing about but I like this picture!*



*All the grandkids with Ed and Helen*



When the kids get finished with their presents it's time for the adult's to exchange. Sometime ago they all decided to play $50 Dirty Santa and it works out very well. Devin and I have been included it in for the last 4 years and at first it was hard to come up with something that everyone might like. It's pretty fun actually and it's fun to see what everyone brought and how they play the game. This year, my gift was a big cross I bought from Affair of the Heart. I kind of played it safe because if I didn't get to bring it home I knew that I could buy one again in February haha. But when the night was over I left with it and Devin got a cordless drill and jigsaw. I think this was the longest we have all played Dirty Santa though! It was a lot of fun and it was nice spending time with the family. I think we all got a lot of laughs. The only thing that made me sad was that I forgot to get a group picture and we had the majority of the family together! I won't get it next year either because Darrell and Myrna won't be there and I don't think Dakota will either. So maybe at my wedding we can get one of everyone!


Today is the last day of the year! It has been a busy one with lots of new turns in the road and it's been great. I'm looking forward to 2009 and the adventure it brings. I hope you all have a Happy New Year!!


xoxo,
Brandi Sue



P.S. Mom your pictures are next!

3 comments:

! Nick ! said...

Fun! no gifts for you or Devin? :)

Brandi Sue said...

Nope we're big kids now ;) haha j/k Tricia has a tradition (3 years now) of giving us a cute ornament with money, the rest either gave us a house warming gift or money. I actually gave them all a gift this year. According to his Aunt Myrna I broke the rules haha. I bought a picture frame with three openings. From L-R I placed a picture of Ed in his military uniform, a current picture of Ed and Helen, and a photo taken of Helen when she was around 20. It was pretty neat and they all like it. It was something I had been wanting to do for awhile. Anyway, I hope you two had a great Christmas!!

! Nick ! said...

yeah, actually this is our 1st new year apart... I am in Austin and Heather is in Altus. we miss each other but all is good. its all about family, maybe next year we will just hang out just us and our lab Haley. :) family!