Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ten in Ten: Day Four

Ten Days: Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.

*Ohhhh I couldn't even BEGIN to tell you the things that run through my mind. The main reason being because I have a LOT of "thinking" time since sometimes I have 45 minutes in between each one of my patient's houses haha. You don't need to know the other reasons ;) But I'll give you a short version...well...the shortest that I am capable of haha

1. I could really just stick with this one and just say, the future in general. That would pretty much cover a lot of what I think about. I think about where I want to be in 5 years, 10 years... I think about when I want to have kids, which makes me then think about why I am waiting to have them. I think about their names and how I would want to decorate their nursery. How I wish they would just be about 3-4 years old already so I could start doing some fun things up here like go to the zoo, the park, the arcades. Then that's about when I text our friend's Daniel and Brandi and ask them to bring Clay (their son) up to see his "Aunt Brandi", he cures my baby fever haha.

2. I think about what I should be or could be doing with my time. I spend a lot of it editing photos but when I'm between clients I could be doing something productive. Like helping out a non-profit organization, making care packages for soldiers, visiting the elderly (although I kinda do that all day haha), meeting with church groups...anything. When I have kids, I'm sure this will work itself out by being busy with all their activities!

3. I think about photography a lot. As I drive around in the different towns I spot places that I think would make awesome or interesting backgrounds, but I don't have anyone I know in those towns haha I also just see things begging to be captured on film...a hawk on a fence post, a heard of wild looking horses heading towards their food, a flock of geese on a pond, an old Chevy that's a pretty shade of blue... I really enjoy that part of my job, getting to see life outside of a cubical. One day, on the way back from Ardmore, I saw a paint horse in a field of yellow wild flowers and just though to myself...I wish I could capture that life in a picture. I had been tossing around a theme for my photography as well and realized I could play on those words, "capture, life, picture." It took awhile, but then I came up with "Life pictured." It was perfect I thought! It's what I do after all! I don't normally pose the settings I come up with and the people, it's just life pictured! Well not 2 days later I ran across a new blog with pretty pictures, a Norman photographer at that, and guess what her theme was? Yep. Life pictured. Ugh. She's pretty good too and definitely better than me so I can't dislike her for thinking of it before me haha. I also think about how much effort I want to put into my photography. If you aren't careful, it can consume you!!

3. You. If you think this means you, then it most likely does. But don't feel special, I think about everyone haha No really, I do! I'm just weird like that haha But it's in a good way. Something will make me think of you and I'll wonder how you are doing. Most likely if you get a random text message from me (if I still have your number) it's because something just reminded me of you. Ask me next time it happens haha Told ya, I have a lot of free time when I drive!

4. My family. There are some of them that I just want to yell, "What are/were you thinking?!?!" Stop complaining about how bad it is when you are the one who is in control of your life!! There are some I wish I could see more often, because they understand me and because we have a lot in common. I think about the ones of us who don't get along and the stupid reasons they have for it. Then I feel bad because in a way, I don't care anymore if they are in my life or not. I wish there was more I could do for some of them. I wish I could spend time with my Grandma, I love and miss her so so so much!! We have so many happy memories from when I lived with her! I wanna move her down here with me :)

5. What in the world am I going to do for the weekend? Drive to Texas to see friends? Go to Lake Texoma to see Dev's parents and my cousin? Go to Kansas to see my family? Go to Olustee to see Dev's family and our friends? Go shopping with Jenna Sue? Girls trip to Dallas? Hang out with friends here? Stay at home and do nothing? mmmm plan a fun trip?! so many things and not enough weekends!!

6. ummmm how I wish I knew how I wanted to decorate my house. I like so many different things and so many different styles that I have a hard time committing to just one thing. It's really annoying sometimes and probably the reason why I won't ever have curtains! haha

7. Sometimes as I am thinking of things, I relate it to it having a deeper meaning. Or relate it to God somehow. Like, the other day I was in the company car and really really wanted to pass this guy who was annoying me and going under the speed limit. But it wasn't a passing zone (although the way was visible) and since I was in my company car, he could easily report me if he got mad at me. I thought about how if I was in my car, faceless behind tinted windows, I would be an unknown to him and I could easily pass him without worrying about who he would tell. It made me think about how we act in public, where people can see us and our actions vs how we are when no one is looking. I thought about it more than that, but that's a different blog post! and one I don't have time for right now because I'm going to be late to the movies!! :)

So there ya have it, I'm sure there are more interesting things I think about or that I could describe those in more detail but that's how it is for now :) Goodnight!

X's and O's,

Brandi Sue

Ha! Just realized that I accidentally did a #3 twice, so I really thought of 8 things. Whoops!!

0 comments: