Monday, January 17, 2011

Ten in Ten: Day Seven

Ten Days: Day Seven: Four turn offs

*Well, the first thing that came to my mind when I read this was: smoking!! being illiterate on purpose!! laziness!! dirty teeth!! But I figured I'd go past physical features, I'm not in the dating scene anymore anyway, so here's what turns me off about people in general!

1. Insecurity/lack of confidence. Everyone is always slightly insecure, I know I am at times. It can get exhausting to be around someone who always needs reassurance about themselves. I have learned that it sometimes helps to "fake it" on the days you aren't feeling very confident! It will make others more confident in you which will in turn boost your confidence in yourself! Also, just keep in mind that people are faking confidence more than you might think...when I remember that, it makes me more confident. Everyone needs a little reassurance here and there. Boost others and they will boost you!

2. Lack of ambition. There are those who at by age 10 "know" who and where they want to be when they grow up. (some with the help of their parents) Then there are those of us who, by our senior year of high school (you know when practically everyone expects you to know) still have no clue what we want to do for the rest of our lives! Some of us just wing it and go for something and it turns out to be the best thing ever for them or it's not and so they try something new. Then there are those who never figure it out or even try. They just seem to float through life, wanting more out of it but not really doing much to get what they want. They make excuses...wait! That's going to be my next turn off!! So I'll end this one with, if you want something then go after it! Want to make more money? Then enroll yourself in school!! Can't afford school? Then learn about what grants you may qualify for or bust your butt off at your current job and save what you can until you can afford it. It's not easy but people do it all the time! Or maybe you already have a good job, then work your way up the ladder! Make yourself unique, indispensable! Don't buy unnecessary things if you are wanting to go on vacation, save it for a trip somewhere! Life is short, too short, to just sit on the couch day in and day out. Do something, be someone, go somewhere...make a difference in your life or someone elses.

3. Okay, as I said above...making excuses! I don't mean the ones like, "Weeeell, the weatherman said it was going to rain so I'll wash my car next week." I mean the ones people make for the reasons why they think they can't get anywhere in life or why, in their opinion, their life sucks. It goes hand in hand with the blame game. They blame others or blame situations for the reasons they can't make their life better or be happy. Someone has to break the cycle!! Look at Amelia Earhart, President Obama, Princess Diana, Oprah and oh so many others who rose above challenges to reach their dreams and their goals. Those are famous people, but there are everyday people out there who do the same...just without the cameras and all that jazz!

4. Mean people. Flat out negative, sarcastic, mean, hateful people who have no reason to treat others the way they do. It literally makes me sick to my stomach. Sometimes they are just so miserable in their own lives that they just can't seem to be happy for others and they pick other people apart just for fun. I don't understand it. Especially when it's their own actions and behavior that are keeping them from being happy. Life is all about attitude and perspective people! :)

Okay, so this post took forever! I got caught up in editing photography sessions that I lost track of time! But here you go! Happy Wednesday!

XOXO,

Brandi Sue

0 comments: