Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ten in Ten: Day Three

Ten Days: Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.

**"Win" isn't the word I would choose but I didn't make up the rules, just so you know ;) And I really have never ever thought of this before and after a day of thinking about it on and off I still wasn't sure but I couldn't put it off any longer. So, here ya go! These answers are subject to change ;)

1. Make the attempt to try and see things from the other person's perspective. You are still entitled to your opinion but don't be so stubborn about it. Get to know them and what their story is and maybe you will begin to see them in a clearer way. For the most part, everyone all wants the same thing. To be accepted and understood. So, if that's what you want then you need to do that for others as well. Give of yourself the way you want others to give to you.

2. Have a positive outlook on life in general. Being negative isn't going to make your life better, solve your problems, or make you happier. So keep your heart happy and light and you'll be surprised at how your gloomy days start turning around! Plus you will be more enjoyable to be around! Well for the most part anyway. There are those out there who can't stand to be around sunshiney people, but that's because they are usually so miserable that your happiness is painful. Love them anyway, don't let them darken your heart!

3. When my light starts to dim, remind me what I just said in the above paragraph! and take me out for ice cream! Or whatever it is that we like to do together haha

4. Be an active part of my life. Not just someone I hear from when you need something. The internet, phone calls, and roads go both ways ;)

5. Be thoughtful and show compassion to others. Be passionate about what interests you. Respect yourself and others, including me. (duh)

6. Love/like/accept me for who I am. Realize that I am learning as I go. No one is forever who they were when they were 10, 15, 20...people change and they grow. So grow with me or let me go. If you don't like me then don't pretend. I don't want to hear your life story, your problems, and your dreams if you secretly can't stand me. That's not fair to my time or my heart.

*Seriously, I have to think of 2 more things?! haha

7. Have dreams for your life. Set goals and actually make the effort to reach them in some way or another. Don't expect luck, money, love, life, adventure, excitement, whatever to just fall out of the sky and in your lap. Go after it! If you don't go for it, then don't complain about or be jealous of those who do.

8. Read my blog :) haha jk I don't know if you read this or not anyway...unless you leave a comment! ;) I could say, "buy me flowers/chocolate/jewelry" but those things aren't important (and really that's for my husband to do)...although, I wouldn't turn them down ;) So, I really have no idea what to put here for now. Just have a love for life!!

The week is half over!! :)

X's and O's,

Brandi Sue

0 comments: