Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The L kiddos

I always seem to write late at night! I'm a night owl I guess :) Anyway, today was a pretty good day. We had a Thanksgiving Fiesta at work. That's kind of been a tradition for us I guess (does 2 yrs in a row count? haha) We all agreed that we wanted something other than turkey and whatnot so we don't get sick of it before the holidays. It was pretty yummy! Then some of my friends gave me a going away present in the form of a gift card. Which is perfect because now I am going to buy new pots and pans for our house!! Yay! We just threw out our old ones and decided that would be something we would buy before our wedding. Never thought I would be excited about pots and pans...proof that I am getting OLD!!! haha



I have been working on the L pics from Saturday and have some of my favorites ready to post!! This was a special session for me for a few reasons! First, it was the first time that someone came to me and asked me to take their pictures. That was a sweet compliment! Second, it was my first with this many kiddos and non comfortable weather! I was so nervous about this shoot! The mom had so much faith and confidence in me so I wanted to get her the best pictures ever! It started out okay but then when we all got out in the cold and wind I was afraid that I
wouldn't get any smiles!! I only had one cry on me though *forgot to bring candy to fix that!!* But we were still able to get some smiles out of her so it all worked out in the end! My third reason why this one is special is because this was my first "paying gig" haha Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the results and can't wait for Mrs L to see all of the images! This is a long post by the way (in case you haven't figured that out already) so....enjoy!!




*This wallpaper and the red one you see later is on the walls of an old farm house that hasn't been occupied in 10 years! It was way awesome and I'm glad Mrs. L found it! I can't wait to take some more pics with it*



*Here is where a sucker would have come in handy...I'll keep that in mind! In her defense, it was pretty chilly haha*



*Lomo effect*



*This picture takes me back to a time when my only worry was what I was going to bring to show and tell. Look how happy and proud he is! I love this picture!*



*Had to put another one on here...too cute!!*



*Now this little guy was all about the pictures! He was so cute because as soon as we started taking pictures he started posing! It made me smile!*



*Blond hair and blue eyes...watch out girls!*



*Brotherly love*




Thank you so much Mrs L for having faith in me and giving me this opportunity! It has really made me more confidant in what I am doing! I can't wait to give you all your pictures!



Well, I'm going out of town for a few days! Devin and I have a Thanksgiving dinner in Norman to go to so we will be spending the weekend up there. I can't wait until I live up there! I love being up there, it's so pretty and happy to me! That sounds silly haha I don't know how to describe it. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend!


Love and hugs,


Brandi

0 comments: